A COMFORT FOOD THAT YOU WILL LOVE
What we love about soups is the fact that you can make it your own. Our idea of a hearty nutrient packed chili soup is one that includes chunky meat and vegetables, and is low in sodium and fat. This white bean chili soup is very rich and creamy and the chunks give off the chili texture we were going for. It even has a kick to it! Enjoy this comfort food for lunch or dinner with a side of tortilla chips.
- 1 can cannellini beans (whichever beans you prefer)
- 1/2 can corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped (about one jalapeno)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 ¼ pound chicken breast, cubed
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon adobo
- Heat olive oil.
- Once oil is hot add chicken and diced onion and saute until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Add chicken broth, jalapeno peppers, cumin, paprika, oregano, adobo, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture just to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Let chili simmer at least another 30 minutes, but the longer, the better. To thicken up chili a little use a potato masher to mash some of the beans up. A few mashes should do the trick. You could do this before adding the chicken if the beans are nice and soft.
- Add light cream cheese and stir until nearly melted.
- Stir in corn, and 1 can of Cannellini beans, then process 3/4 of the remaining beans along with 1/4 cup broth from the soup in a food processor until pureed, add bean mixture to soup along with remaining 1/4 can of beans.
- Simmer about 15 minutes longer.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime.