This Summer pick your nutrition up a notch by making easy side dishes that the entire family will love. This Sweet and Sour Carrot dish is packed with tons nutrients, sweet and sour flavors and our favorite…fiber! Add it to an entree or it eat plain and you’ll be feeling great all season long.
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup carrot water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add carrots to a saucepan filled with water and bring to a boil. Cook until carrots are tender. .
- In another saucepan, melt butter. Add cornstarch, maple syrup, lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over carrots and serve hot.