SWEET, NUTTY & DELICIOUS
There’s nothing like a warm and sweet dessert on a cold Fall day. Thanksgiving is right around the corner so we are beginning to prepare our menu and this recipe will definitely be on there! If you are looking for something wild and flavorful, this is your go-to! Get creative and add your favorite fruits and nuts. This recipe is very simple to make and it’s a perfect addition to a holiday gathering, or for any meal!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 55m
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- coconut shreds (garnish)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place the squash onto a baking sheet cut side down. Fill the baking sheet with 1/2 inch of water.
- Bake the squash in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Drain off any water remaining in the baking sheet.
- While the squash is baking, melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the rest of the ingredients for about 1-2 minutes until apples are tender. Scrape the mixture into a bowl to cool until the squash has finished baking.
- Once the squash is done cooking, turn the squash cut side up on the baking sheet and fill with the apple mixture.
- Garnish with coconut shreds.