Looking for a crazy flavorful dish you can make in less than 30 minutes? This one-pan skillet White Fish Shakshuka is the way to go. Shakshuka originated in North Africa, and like many great dishes there are as many variations as there are many home cooks who have embraced it. It’s that delicious. This pan is filled with eggs baked in a tomato pepper sauce with lots of seasonings, herbs and a kick of spice. The added fish brings more texture, flavor and nutrients to this recipe. Next time you are wondering what to make for a weeknight meal, consider this easy dish, you won’t regret it. Serve it with rice, baguette slices or pita bread!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 fillets of cooked white fish, shredded or whole (cod, pollock or any white fish of choice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no added salt)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 small habernero pepper (optional)
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon curry
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cilantro (garnish)
- In a large saute pan, heat oil.
- Once oil is heated, add onions, garlic, habernero pepper, bell pepper, cumin, curry, paprika, tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium high.
- Add white fish to pan and mix it in with sauce and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Bring stove top to medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook for another 5 minutes or until eggs are at preferred style.
- Once done, add additional herbs/seasonings.
- Serve with bread, baguette, rice or side of choice.