Not only do sardines taste great, they offer so many nutritional benefits. Sardines are high in protein and have important nutrients like selenium, vitamin D, b12 and omega-3s which are essential for heart, eye and brain health. This spicy sardine dish is a very easy weeknight dinner, made in under 20 minutes. It’s so packed with amazing flavors, and will be perfect eaten with your favorite grain.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 15m
- Category: dinner, fish, protein, vegetables
- 2 packages sardines
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small habernero pepper (red or orange), crushed or blended
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- cilantro, garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Turn stovetop to medium/high.
- In medium saucepan, add extra virgin olive oil.
- When oil is hot add onions, habernero pepper, curry powder and paprika. Stir for up to 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, green pepper and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sardines and spinach. Simmer for up to 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite grain, or alongside salad.