Fresh, heart healthy salmon is how we keep our “seafood, 2x a week” going strong! Did you know that consuming two servings of seafood per week may lower your risk for heart disease? Just another reason to add more to your diet. We love a good pan-seared salmon. It’s so light, airy and flavorful. Salmon is a highly nutritious fish with many health benefits. It is super versatile in how it can be prepared and it’s widely available. Our salmon recipe has of heat and flavor, and can be perfectly paired with your favorite grains and vegetables. Watch this 1 minute video on how to make it: https://youtu.be/VnytW0JPG6k
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- fresh cilantro (2 stems)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3-4 c bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green habernero pepper
- 1/4 medium yellow onion , diced
- 1 pound wild caught salmon - cut into fillet sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add onions, garlic, ginger, habernero pepper, salt, pepper, cilantro and process for about 1 minute or less until it has a chunky consistency.
- In a large bowl, add salmon and herb mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with siran wrap or foil and place in fridge for (30 minutes) to marinate.
- After 30 minutes, turn on stove to "medium-high" heat.
- In medium saucepan, add olive oil and wait until the oil gets hot.
- Add salmon fillets to pan and sear for 5-6 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and cooked thoroughly on the inside.
- Turn on stove top to "medium-high" heat.
- In a separate medium-sized saucepan, add olive oil and wait until oil gets hot.
- Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes, constantly mixing vegetables.
- Add spinach, and saute for additional 2 minutes, mix with other vegetables.
- Add cooked salmon on top of vegetables, and serve immediately! Enjoy.