If you are looking add more dark leafy greens into your diet, this easy snack is one that will do the job! These spinach bites are very fun and kid-friendly, easy to make with a short ingredient list, and packed with many nutrients such as fiber and vitamin C. So yummy and crunchy, you’ll want to keep making these!
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 6 8 cups spinach, chopped
- 9 ounce bag of herbed seasoned stuffing mix or 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup shredded mozarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional) 1/4 small habernero pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mi (or panko crumbs), spinach, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, habernero pepper (optional) and onion/garlic mixture. Combine well.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- One at a time, using your hands, roll the mixture into individual 1-inch balls (or use a cookie scoop). Place each one on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the balls for about 15-20 minutes, or until very slightly browned.
- Dipping sauces: Select your favorite. Here are some ideas: marinara sauce, ranch, greek yogurt, sour cream, horseradish, etc.