EAT YOUR COLORS
If you are always on the go, and are looking for new nutritious lunch ideas, you should try Seeds of Change, brown rice and quinoa! They have different kinds of grains including quinoa, bulgur and more! Their “ready to heat” pouches can be cooked in under 3 minutes in the microwave, or if you would like, you can take the grains out of the pouch and cook them in a skillet. This easy-to-make filling grain bowl includes vegetables, protein, fiber and many vitamins and minerals to give you energy to keep you moving through the day. What more do you need? Make it for yourself or the entire family. A quick and simple meal that will make everyone smile.
- 2 packages Seeds of change, quinoa and brown rice
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 canned salmon (or 4-8 oz cooked fresh salmon), shredded
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- seasonings of choice
- 1 small red onion
- Turn on stove to medium high.
- Place medium sized skillet on stove, and spray olive oil
- When oil is hot, add onions, kale, seasonings of choice, and 2 pouches of Seeds of Chance, quinoa and brown rice for 3-5 minutes or until cooked and kale has wilted a bit
- Next, stir in tomatoes, onion and salmon
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with basil