A SWEET AND SAVORY WAY TO BEGIN THE HOLIDAY
The holidays are here which mean four things to us: food, family, friends and fun! We are so grateful for how amazing this year has been so far. Thanksgiving is by far one of our favorite holidays. Coming from a Ghanaian family, we tend to have a few more Ghanaian dishes on the table. One dish that always ends up on our table no matter what, are sweet potatoes. Whether boiled and mashed, roasted or sauteed we always find a way to switch it up. This year, we roasted them with tons of herbs and honey…yum!
Apart from the wonderful taste of sweet potatoes, they have a great amount of vitamin and minerals and are high in fiber and low in fat. This year we enjoyed them sweet and savory. We hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 1h 5m
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley. chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in baking dish.
- Stir butter, honey, rosemary, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice in small saucepan over medium heat until butter melts.
- Pour butter mixture over sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with fork, stirring and turning occasionally for approximately 50 minutes.