A VIBRANT AND NUTRITIOUS COMFORT FOOD
This beautiful Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup is loaded with tons of vitamin A from the carrots, and a hint of ginger which provides digestive aid amongst other health benefits. Not only is this soup nutrient dense, but it’s also low in calories. Warm up this winter season with flavor, a nutrition boost, and beautiful color.
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled
- parsley or cilantro for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange carrots on a oiled baking sheet, season carrots with salt and pepper and add olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, turning around every few minutes.
- Once cool enough to touch, cut carrots into smaller pieces and place them in a blender or food processor with garlic, ginger and broth. Blend until smooth.
- After carrots are a pureed consistency, heat oil in a pan on the stove top and add onions, curry powder and adobo seasoning and cook until lightly browned.
- Add carrot puree into the pan.
- Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes and watch carefully as the soup will bubble. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the stove and transfer to serving bowls.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!