SWEET AND SAVORY DELICIOUS SQUASH
We love acorn squash because it is an extremely nutrient dense food, meaning that it is very rich in nutrients. We love the sweet and savory taste of squash, making it a great addition to stews, salads, and soups! One cup of acorn squash provides one-third of your daily fiber needs. It doesn’t get any better than this! This recipe is a great side or snack and is very fun and easy to make. Nutrition tip: choose a low fat cooking method like roasting or steaming to make the best of all the nutrients it provides. Also, be sure to use a quality chef knife to cut the large acorn squash as it can be difficult to cut with a dull knife. For more information about chef knives, check out this guide: https://www.reviews.com/chef-
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- 1 large acorn squash, seeded and cut into slices
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh curly parsley for garnish
- feta cheese, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add sliced squash.
- Season with black pepper, oregano, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Drizzle olive oil over squash.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then toss a bit and roast for 20 minutes more.
- Garnish with feta cheese and curly parsley.