The fall flavors in this gorgeous salad are just divine, it is perfect for a holiday gathering. We love it because it’s pretty easy to serve, easy to make, and delicious to eat. It is also vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free, while being very nutrient-dense. If you are hosting Thanksgiving and might have guests with special dietary needs, make this salad. Jazz it up this year. Everyone will enjoy!
- 2 cups stemmed and finely chopped curly kale (slightly steamed)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potatoes, quinoa, kale.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until mostly smooth, but with small pieces of herbs still visible.
- Drizzle with about ⅓ cup dressing and gently toss until all of the ingredients are evenly coated. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Add pomegranate seeds on top as garnish.
- Taste and mix in more dressing if desired.