BRINGING MASHED POTATOES TO A NEW LEVEL
Kick up the flavor and nutrition while saying bye to plain mashed potatoes. Pumpkins are superfoods! Studies show that they are great for heart health due to its low content of saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. Not only that, they are packed with many nutrients including vitamin E, thiamin, phosphorus and dietary fiber all of which help to improve our health.
- 3 medium/large russet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- rosemary for garnish
- Bring large pot to a boil on the stovetop, add potatoes and garlic cloves for 15 minutes until soft. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl add cooked potatoes and use a masher to beat potatoes until smooth.
- Beat in butter, salt, milk and pumpkin puree.
- Garnish with rosemary.