If you are looking to get creative and try a new grain, this dish is a great start. We love the grain orzo, because it cooks very quickly, and the texture is too perfect! This dish is super filling, tasty & nutrition-packed. Chop your favorite veggies, grab some sausage and orzo and throw it in a pan over high heat and you’ve got yourself an easy weeknight meal, my friend!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ large red onion , chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups turkey sausages, sliced
- 1 ½ cups orzo pasta, cooked
- 7 ounces diced tomatoes (canned)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large pot over medium high heat and cook for 1 minute. Add onions, bell peppers and cook, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sausage and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Add the orzo noodles allow cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add cilantro. Serve warm.