A TASTY MEAT ALTERNATIVE
Jackfruit has a texture similar to pulled pork and can be used as a meat alternative for those that are vegan or vegetarian. It has a rich source of vitamins, minerals, protein and is also low in cholesterol and saturated fat. We added spinach to boost the nutrition. We hope you enjoy!
- 10 ounces drained jackfruit
- 7 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons scallions, diced for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Make sure that your jackfruit is drained, then shred it by hand into a mixing bowl.
- Add low fat cream cheese, cheddar, reduced fat ranch dressing, and hot sauce to the jackfruit and mix until combined.
- Fold in the baby spinach until combined, then spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake the dip for 30 minutes, it will be bubbling around the edges. Once it is done, cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and garnish with the green onions.
- Serve warm with your favorite vegetables.