A PROTEIN PACKED SNACK
Chickpeas can be used in many recipes. We love them so much because of their fiber content that aids in digestive health. Not only are chickpeas high in fiber, they are an excellent source of protein and perfect choice for those looking to regulate and manage their blood sugars. Add your favorite herbs and seasonings and roast them in the oven for a crunchy, filling snack.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- salt to taste
- Spread out chickpeas on a paper towel. Pat dry.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and spread chickpeas in one layer, in the pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes, stirring and rotating every 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir olive oil, honey, and the salt together.
- Take roasted chickpeas out of the oven and toss them until well coated, with the honey mixture.
- Bake another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with thyme.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 7 days.