A SWEET AND SAVORY SIDE DISH YOU WILL LOVE
Tired of plain boiled carrots as a side dish? No worries, these honey roasted carrots are a game changer. They are naturally sweet and loaded with nutrients such as vitamin C, B-vitamins, vitamin A as well as fiber! They have been shown to reduce your risk of heart disease, improve vision and protect against some forms of cancer. Grab your favorite herbs and spices and make it your own!
- 2 pounds small or medium- sized carrots
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme (or dried thyme)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place carrots in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and add oregano, thyme and garlic powder.
- Pour honey evenly over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast in for 25-40 minutes or until carrots are tender and browned, tossing once in between.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley and thyme.