A CRUNCHY TREAT
Whether you need an appetizer idea for your next event, a side dish or snack, these zucchini crisps will do do the job! We love crunchy and nutritious, so this recipe is one of our favorites! Pair it with a sandwich or soup, you’ll love it. We love zucchini because they are low in saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and are very nutrient dense.
- 2 to 3 zucchini , sliced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line 3 baking sheet pans with foil; lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini slices, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of zucchini in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheets.
- Lightly spray each slice with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and mix.
- Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, or until chips are golden brown.