SOAK IN ALL THE FLAVORS OF MOROCCO IN ONE BITE
These meatballs are a wonderful way to introduce your taste buds to the amazing flavors of Morocco. We paired lean ground chicken with spices such as nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon for a semi-sweet and savory combo, which pairs perfectly with rice or pasta.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro
- sesame seeds for garnish
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl (except sesame seeds, and cilantro). Mix everything together.
- Form medium-sized meatballs from the mixture.
- Cover the bottom of a heavy pan with the olive oil and heat until hot. Brown the meatballs on all sides. Add more oil as needed.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro! Enjoy.