Soups are the perfect comfort food, especially for cold and snowy days! This chicken and wild rice soup was made using a crockpot, our favorite kitchen gadget! We love crockpots because they are easy to use, and are perfect for those who are always on the go. Just throw all of your ingredients in the crock pot, and put it on low heat to cook overnight …and BAM, yummy food ready to go by the morning.This particular soup features lean protein paired with tender carrots, mushrooms, radishes celery, for additional nutrients. Add your favorite vegetables and make it when you are in the mood for a comfort meal.
Check out this featured recipe on our Pinterest-Inspired 2019 Food Trends Segment on ABC7’s Good Morning Washington Show!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 5 -6 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic gloves chopped
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a crockpot, add chicken breasts, mushrooms, wild rice, bay leaves, radishes, carrots, celery, onion, vegetable stock, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook soup on "LOW" setting for 6 hours or "HIGH" for about 3.5 hours.
- Shred the chicken into smaller pieces, and then add back to the pot.
- Serve chicken and wild rice soup garnished with cilantro.