A DOSE OF FIBER IS ALWAYS NEEDED
I must say, avocado and brown rice are such a great combination; I am not just speaking of taste, but nutrition. Avocados are naturally nutrient dense and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. When paired with brown rice, you get a very healthful, filling nutritious side dish. One nutrient you will find in both of these foods are fiber. Fiber has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels. Not only that, studies have shown that fiber also helps to keep blood sugar levels under control. Don’t forget to make half your grains whole! This refreshing recipe is so delicious, your entire family will enjoy it.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash avocados in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Pair it with fish, chicken, or your favorite entree!