WARM AND SOOTHING TO THE SOUL
A matcha a day keeps the stress away! Well, not really but we give it an A plus for its taste and health benefits. Matcha is a type of powdered green tea that is produced in Japan. The powder can then be used to brew an antioxidant rich frothy green tea or in recipes like smoothies or baking. We love the bright green color it has and the soothing feeling we get from drinking it. Enjoy it in the beginning of the day or in the evening before bed.
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- Category: beverage
- 1 teaspoon pure matcha green tea powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or use any milk you love)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- dash of cinnamon
- Sift the matcha powder into the bottom of a wide mug.
- Pour in the 1 tbsp of hot water. Stir until all of the matcha powder has dissolved.
- Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup of hot water and whisk again until dissolved.
- In a small saucepan, set over medium-low heat, combine the honey and milk. Heat until very warm and pour into the mug with the matcha powder mix.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.