LEAN MEXICAN CUISINE
This Mexican dish is so flavorful and delicious. Made with antioxidant boosting vegetables, flavorful herbs, and spices, this dish will satisfy your stomach. Nutrition tip: When using tortilla, go for whole wheat instead of white. Whole-wheat tortillas are a healthy carbohydrate-rich food because they are low in fat, sodium and are high in fiber.
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- cilantro, garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine, lemon juice and fajita seasoning, then add the chicken.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers, jalapeno and onions on medium high in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return pepper mixture to pan and heat through.
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cilantro as garnish.