A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE TO POTATO CHIPS
Not in the mood for potato chips? Switch up it and try these instead. Root vegetables grown in rich soil are full of nutrients and are an excellent source of fiber. Many are also high in vitamin C, B vitamins and antioxidants. These chips are extremely easy to make. Give it a try!
- 2 medium-sized beets, thinly sliced (using mandolin slicer)
- 1 large parsnip, thinly sliced (using mandolin slicer)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with olive oil nonstick spray.
- Using a mandolin slicer, cut beets and parsnip into 1/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Lay sliced parsnip and beets evenly on sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until parsnip rounds are golden brown and firm and all veggies are dry to the touch, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let cool completely.