EASY, QUICK FIBER PACKED MUFFINS
Mornings can be chaotic, muffins don’t have to be. These muffins are perfect for a quick and easy on the go nutritious snack. We used oats as an extra boost of fiber. Oats are rich in a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan. This particular type of fiber is known to help lower levels of “bad” cholesterol and it is great to get things moving in the digestive system.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool down before removing from muffin tin.