PUT A TWIST ON SWEET POTATOES
Who doesn’t love fries? These baked sweet potato fries are crunchy, sweet, savory and most of all, nutritious! Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (great for eye health), vitamin C, fiber, B vitamins and the list goes on. Sweet potatoes are one of our go-to vegetables for soups recipes, snacks, side dishes and more! Tip: For a crunchier fry, cut them into thin sticks and lay them flat on parchment paper (do not overcrowd).
- Olive Oil, for tossing
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips
- salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Spread sweet potatoes on single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Cool before serving and enjoy.