FLOURISH HEIGHTS HIGHLIGHT
1. Welcome to FHGC! Thank you for joining us. Tell me about yourself and what keeps you blooming in your purpose?
Hi there! Thank you so much for inviting me to the Flourish Heights Girl Chat! My name is Kelsey and I am the Creator of Rosalie-Rouge.com, a lifestyle and wellness blog. I spend my days working a full-time job in health education at a non-profit in Washington, D.C. and nights creating new content for my website! What keeps me blooming in my purpose is knowing that I am connecting with so many inspiring, encouraging and hardworking women in the blogger world who cherish creativity as much as I do!
2. What does wellness mean to you, in one word? How are you balancing wellness in your everyday life?
To me, wellness means energy. It has taken me a few years to learn the importance of balance in my wellness journey. I have learned that it’s okay to have days where I indulge, but my body prefers when I give it the nutrient dense foods it needs to function at its best. Listening to my body and what it needs has been the greatest game changer in achieving balance in my everyday life.
3. What’s an exciting accomplishment you have made so far on your wellness journey?
I started a new workout class a few months ago called, MADabolic. It is a high-intensity group training class and I love every minute of it. It challenges my physical and mental strength and makes me feel stronger every day!
4. What do you wish you had known at a younger age, in regards to your health and wellness?
I wish I knew not to worry so much about the scale and instead worry about giving my body what it needed to be happy. A number doesn’t predict optimal wellness and I wish I had focused on being “well” over being a certain body image.
5. The FH lifestyle is about planting your health on higher ground. What is your biggest advice to someone who is on the path to flourishing heights?
Be aware of yourself and your body. Take the time to listen to your body and become in-tune with yourself.