FLOURISH HEIGHTS HIGHLIGHT
1. Welcome to FHGC! Thank you for joining us. Tell me about yourself and what keeps you blooming in your purpose?
My name is Janay and in my free time I run my fashion/beauty blog called Style Included! Having my own website gives me the opportunity to talk about whatever is on my mind at the moment, whether that is to let people know about a new clothing website I’ve come across or an inspirational post about becoming a better version of myself. On my website, I’m able to freely share those thoughts and hopefully help someone else in the process.
2. What does wellness mean to you, in one word? How are you balancing wellness in your everyday life?
Wellness in one word to me means perspective. I ask God everyday to help me to recognize all of my blessings, even the little ones, and that helps to set the tone for my day. Life will always throw good and bad moments at us, but how we choose to respond to those moments is directly related to our wellness. Just like we have the choice to eat healthy foods, we also have the choice to release positivity into the world.
3. What’s an exciting accomplishment you have made so far on your wellness journey?
Within the last six months, I’ve truly learned how important it is to protect my peace and I’ve been a happier person because of it. I’m definitely more cognizant of what or who I allow into my life. Whenever we are in a situation where we can control those things, we should always choose positivity. As for physical wellness, I’ve been pretty good about incorporating fruit into my diet everyday, so I’m proud of myself for that little accomplishment!
4. What do you wish you had known at a younger age, in regards to your health and wellness?
I’ve learned to only let outside factors affect me so much. We can’t control other people, but we can always do our best to control ourselves. Life is truly all about the choices we make and we have a lot more power than what we think sometimes.
5. The FH lifestyle is about planting your health on higher ground. What is your biggest advice to someone who is on the path to flourishing heights?
Always think about the best version of yourself and make sure that any choice you make will help you to become that person! If you are intentional about that, everything will work out for the best.