1. Welcome to FHGC! Thank you for joining us. Tell me about yourself and what keeps you blooming in your purpose?
2. What does wellness mean to you, in one word?
3. What’s an exciting accomplishment you have made so far on your wellness journey??
For me, it’s my mindset. Back when I was eating the Standard American Diet, I distinctly remember feelings of being overwhelmed, confused and hopeless when it came to health. (Are eggs healthy or are they not healthy? Are carbs good or are carbs bad?) It felt like the rules were always changing and I was barely keeping up. I’m so excited that I now have peace of mind when it comes to food. It’s no longer about rules or restrictions; it’s about feeding my body with healthy, nutritious foods.
4. What do you wish you had known at a younger age, in regards to your health and wellness?
5. The FH lifestyle is about planting your health on higher ground. What is your biggest advice to someone who is on the path to flourishing heights?
I love the saying, just because you can’t do 100% doesn’t mean you have to do zero. All too often, we take an all-or-nothing approach to health and wellness and see our success in binary terms. Don’t fall into that trap. Find the areas where you can make progress, even if they’re small, and focus on that. For example, just because you can’t cook a nutritious homemade meal, doesn’t mean you need to eat fried food. Another way I like to look at it is simply, always do your best, understanding that your best will change each day. It will mean something different when you’re healthy than when you’re sick. Some days, my best means prepping a week’s worth of nutritious meals in advance, and some days it’s getting food delivery but choosing rice and veggies over Lo Mein from my favorite Chinese restaurant. But, if you focus on doing your best, even if it isn’t what you consider to be perfect or 100%, you can keep moving forward.
Thank you so much Casey Shea, for joining us at FH GIRL CHAT! <3
You can connect with Casey on Instagram!