IF YOU ARE NOT SOUPING, THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Soup…warm, cozy, delicious soup. This hot and steamy comfort food classic is often top of mind during the cold months for filling up and warming up. The most wholesome, nutrient-dense soups are those that use a basic broth or stock, a lean protein source and a variety of vegetables. Making homemade soup can seem difficult, but we want to prove that you can do it yourself in just minutes! No need to rely on your favorite restaurant soups, grab your go-to ingredients and make your own nutrient dense soup at home. Start out with these delicious, nutritious, and vibrant soups from some of our favorite dietitians.
1. Kristina Todini, RDN of Fork In The Road: Red Beet Apple Soup
2. Megan Roosevelt, RDN and Founder of HealthyGroceryGirl.com and Youtube.com/HealthyGroceryGirl: Lemon Coconut Chickpea Soup with Veggies
3. Meme Inge, MS, RDN and Founder of Living Well Kitchen: Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
4. Kathy Siegel, MS, RD at Triad to Wellness: Creamy Broccoli and Avocado Soup
5. Samina Qureshi, RDN, LD of Wholesome Start LLC: Instant Pot Hearty Winter Soup
6. Keri Glassman, celebrity nutritionist and founder of Nutritious Life: Carrot Ginger Squash Soup
(photo credit: Colleen Sheehan)
7. Taylor Johnson, RD, LD of Roots Reboot: Coconut Acorn Squash Soup Bowl
8. Odisleysi Wadi, RDN, LD and Founder of Nourished Ever After: Butternut Squash Soup
9. Wendy & Jess, MS, RD, CDE’s from Food Heaven Made Easy: Sugar Pumpkin Green Tea Soup